FC2 on digital server 3000 (model 3300)

Simon Tierney simon at conditional-fee.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 21:51:40 UTC 2004

Hi,
I installed FC2 on this machine and the display 'crackles' when I move the
mouse around (as well as some other buggy behaviour).

During Installation
I got the message Xorg-X11-fon-utils6.7.05 missing / cannot be opened;

During bootup

Error: Isp1020 has no error handling

Updating /etc/fstab
Error /etc/updfstab.conf no such file
no mountpoints defined

Has anyone any observations?

Is there an FC3 for alpha that addresses these issues?

there is no /etc/fstab is this anything to do with SELINUX?

The system does seem rather erratic, xscreensaver reports Xlib: connection
to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: no protocol specified

and
Error: can't open display: 0.)
xscreensaver: 21.40:36 0: child PID 11382 (rd-bomb) exited abnormally (code
1).

(Naturally I typed this all out because I couldn't get the network running)

Should I re-install RedHat 7.2 (which seemed stable)? any advice would be
welcome.

---