Alpha Source Code?

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Wed Dec 8 19:16:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Tom Linden wrote:

>Could you share with us the relative breakdown in shipments
>of 32bit vs 64bit Redhat?
>
>And of the 64 bit how does it look with AMD64/ia64/PPC64/s390x ?

As mentioned before, the best guess we could have would be just
that, a guess.  We could analyze *.redhat.com ftp and webserver
logs to produce statistics for what ISO images people download,
etc. and generate stats for that, but it does not take into
account how many machines a given download gets installed on, or
how many people use a given download.  It also doesn't take into
account mirror sites of which there are numerous of, nor does it
take into account things like bittorrent, etc.

We only provide official Fedora Core for x86 and AMD64 at this
point, however we provide the src and binary rpms for all of the
other 5 architectures that build successfully in our build
system.

IMHO, it is about as impossible to compute estimates for this as
it is to compute how many Linux users there are out there.

--
Mike A. Harris        ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer   -   X11 Developer   -   Red Hat