Website about alpha stuff

Steven Moix - Axianet.ch steven.moix at axianet.ch
Sun Dec 12 13:58:44 UTC 2004

Hi all,

since I own an alpha system (about 1-2 years) I had some trouble to find
good, non outdated and clear documentation on it, what I see is that almost
all the websites talking about the alpha technology are dead or not updated
since a long time (http://www.alphalinux.org/ is a good example). So I am
finally thinking to open a new community website dedicated to the alpha and
what's going around and try to have a maximum of people to get there and
contribute to it. With the end of the production of alpha chips the
community will become smaller and smaller so I think that it is important to
have people at a same place.

I have some ideas about the sections I want to put there:
- An history of the alpha chip
- A forum to talk and solve problems (a better way than a mailinglist to me,
it's more "searchable")
- A software section to talk about the different OS, SRM etc...
- A hardware section to present the different alpha computers/servers

So what do you guys think about that? Anyone interested in it?

Steven

PS: I actually own http://www.alphatek.info/, it could be a good name no? :)