does anyone have the following parts?

Hoover, Tony hoover at sal.ksu.edu
Tue Dec 14 14:25:44 UTC 2004

The EB164/PC164 boards had a socketed crystal oscillator and CPU.  To change
the CPU clock speed, you changed the oscillator, and then fiddled with the
jumpers to get the correct divisor for the PCI clock.  Most of the other
21164 based Alphas used a PLL to generate the CPU clock from the base system
clock that ran the PCI bus(es), so to change the CPU clock speed, you just
fiddled with jumpers or a dip switch.

I believe that you could probably pick up a new oscillator from Mouser or
one of the other electronics mail-order places.  IIRC, the oscillator speed
is double the intended CPU clock speed, can someone check me on that.

Good luck.

Tony Hoover, Network Administrator
KSU - Salina, College of Technology & Aviation
(785) 826-2660

"Don't Blend in..."