Good Xserver for Alpha?

Jon Norstog jnorstog at shoshonebannocktribes.com
Sat Feb 21 00:21:04 UTC 2004

To the list:

I toasted something in my Xserver the other day, the one that came with the
7.2 ISOs, maybe a 4.1-something? The machine in question is an XP1000 with a
3Dlabs Oxygen VX1.  It was always a little touchy, and my thought is ratrher
than repair I should upgrade.

I checked out the Xfree86 ftp site and notice they have Alpha binaries for
4.2 and 4.3.  I also have the sources that George France put up in the
"updates" folder, 4.1.0-29, I think.  What is working for people?   Anything
to watch out for?

thanks,

jon norstog