has anyone else been getting these?

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Tue Jun 1 10:10:52 UTC 2004

On Sat, 29 May 2004, Buck Rekow wrote:

>Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 07:39:08 -0600
>From: Buck Rekow <rekow at bigskytel.com>
>To: axp-list at redhat.com
>Subject: has anyone else been getting these?
>
>  For days I've been getting these bounced emails, like the attatched
>one from steve at murdoch-technology.com.au. They seem to be related to the
>list. I think this guy might have some kind of misconfigured mail
>server. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

I've searched the membership list, and the following address came
up:
	murdoch-technology at bigpond.com

This is most likely the address causing these bounces.  It is
possible this subscriber may have a vacation autoresponder or
some other autoresponder set up which does not properly account
for mail looping or somesuch.

I am going to temporarily disable delivery of mail for this
subscriber via the mailman 'nomail' option.  He can re-enable
delivery by visiting the mailman URL at the bottom of this
message, and turning the nomail option back off once the problem
is resolved.

Hopefully this will prevent mail bounces from being seen by other
subscribers.

TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris        ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer   -   X11 Developer   -   Red Hat