Anaconda, SCSI Modules and Kernels

Mike Barnes strepsil at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 13:51:08 UTC 2004

I've been tantalisingly close to having a bootable install CD of a
very rough build of Fedora Core 2 for about a week now. It's not going
to work on all platforms, most likely, since I've got a very limited
selection of test machines, but I think it's almost there.

First up - anyone on this list who's worked a bit with Anaconda on any
previous Alpha builds of RedHat? Wouldn't mind a quick chat about any
known quirks and things to watch for. Don't need a lot of time, since
I'll be taking most non-platform-specific stuff I can't figure out to
the Anaconda list fairly soon.

Second - anyone got any suggestions as to the default load set of SCSI
modules for the installer? Any radical changes between 2.4 and 2.6
that'll need to be compensated for in the already existing list?
Fortunately most of the Alpha-specific sections of the installer tools
(probably from back in the 7.2 days) are still present in the current
versions, so there's a baseline to work from.

Third thing - is anyone here running a 2.6 kernel on a 164SX system?
I've had one report that my current kernel builds aren't booting
properly on those systems, and I don't have one to test on. If you've
got a running system, please contact me off-list so I can see about
grabbing a copy of your .config.

Finally - just a bit of bragging, more than anything. A screenshot
from my development system as of last night:
http://receptacle.org/fedora-alpha/Screenshot.png (about 300k)

Thanks folks! The emails I've been getting have really been
encouraging. Hope to make it easier for some others to play, really
soon. :)