Ruffian without floppy drive

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Mon Mar 15 11:46:58 UTC 2004

* Ling-En Kao <lekao at CCCA.nctu.edu.tw> [040314 18:25]:
> Which video adapter would make Ruffian able to use the floppy drive?
> I've tried the PowerStorm350, Oxygen 402, S3 ViRGE DX and S3 Trio64V+, but
> none of them could make the floppy drive usable.

Can you try removing the graphics card completely and using a serial
console for testing?

If somebody wants to help integrating milo code into OpenBIOS so it can
be used as a bootloader, please contact me.
Also, if somebody can find the time to continue development on milo,
drop me a note, too. It might be a good idea to start up with milo
2.0.35, remove all direct linking against the kernel and use a reduced
kernel image that is used by milo. LinuxBIOS does the same thing,
basically, and it showed to reduce complexity by means.

 Stefan

--
  Stefan Reinauer, SUSE LINUX AG
Head of Architecture Development