Alpha Newbie needs help netbooting linux

Hoover, Tony hoover at sal.ksu.edu
Tue Mar 30 19:32:02 UTC 2004

You can boot from a small narrow SCSI drive, and have most of your directory
structure on your wide SCSI drives that are attached to the Adaptec
controller.  Or you could acquire a SCSI controller that is based on an
LSI/Symbios 53C875 or a Qlogic 1040.  Both of those wide SCSI controllers
should be supported in SRM.

I've never played with netbooting, so I can't comment on that
Tony Hoover, Network Administrator
KSU - Salina, College of Technology
(785) 826-2660

"Don't Blend in..."