Alpha Newbie needs help netbooting linux

Stefan van der Eijk stefan at eijk.nu
Wed Mar 31 16:34:50 UTC 2004

Jiann-Ming Su wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, George France wrote:
>

>>which version of RH are you using?
>>

>As an aside, if you are installing fresh, I'd almost recommend using
>Debian at this point.  The lastest RH based distro works great, but apt
>is so useful.  Plus, Debian seems to be more up-to-date with all the
>architectures.  Just a thought.

I'll second this. I used to be the maintainer of the (unofficial) alpha
port for Mandrake. I've stopped uploading packages a few weeks ago, the
installer has been dis-functional for a long time already. The fact that
the installer was missing stopped most people interested in running
linux on an alpha from using Mandrake.

just my $0.02

Stefan