Alpha Newbie needs help netbooting linux

Hoover, Tony hoover at sal.ksu.edu
Wed Mar 31 19:53:01 UTC 2004

the Symbios/LSI 53C8xx chips can use either the NCR53C8XX driver or the
SYM53C8XX driver.  I believe that the NCR driver is less aggressive on
"command re-ordering" and buffer depth, but it might be worth a shot to try
the other driver.  I use these SCSI controllers in most of my alphas, and
they typically work quite well.
Tony Hoover, Network Administrator
KSU - Salina, College of Technology
(785) 826-2660