Alpha Core and AS 1200 Install ERRORS...

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Fri Nov 12 15:22:48 UTC 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 12:15:15AM -0500, Sidney A. Hawks wrote:

> I have an Alpha Server 1200 5/533 EV56 with dual Alpha Processors
> and 768 MB memory.  Redhat 7.2 installs without any issues after I
> updated the DAC960 raid card. I have/had (some/average) experience
> with Linux OS's over the years but I can't fiqure out the problem
> I'm having with the Alpha Core Install and thought I'd give you a
> chance.

About a month ago I posted ("AC-0.9 Testing Results") a summary of
success and failures I'd had on various boxes at my disposal.

I said: "AS1200 and AS4100 would not successfully boot the install kernel."

I believe I saw the same symptoms you reported.

I've not had the time to look into the problem yet, nor, apparently,
has anyone else. Until this happens, I'm afraid you're out of luck
on those boxes.

Sorry.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com