AC-0.9 Testing Results (was: Re: Alpha Core ISO Images)

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Sun Oct 17 20:27:41 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 02:07:20PM -0500, Arkadiy Chapkis - Arc wrote:

>   On AS200 4/233 the GUI did not start, but was able to install with
>   text mode.

What graphics do you have? I'm betting on Matrox Millennium...

>   And it doesn't configure the machine, so I have to
>   manually edit the network info files. Plus I have to manage MILO
>   image and linload.exe which is somewhat  painfull.

If you're booting via MILO, I'm not too surprised it didn't set up some
things, as RH installs on Alpha have often left things undone at the
end for MILO-based boxes. Any reason you continue to use MILO on there?

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com