AC-0.9 Testing Results (was: Re: Alpha Core ISO Images)

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Mon Oct 18 14:16:47 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 07:02:17PM -0400, Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:

> Some machines have no choice but boot with MILO. For example, I have an
> XL 366 (xlt) and they can't have SRM (as far as I know - if you have
> other info please let me know!). So I'm stuck with AlphaBIOS.

Even though the XLT architecture is very close to several other boxes
that do have SRM consoles, it would be very dangerous to assume the
latter would work on the former. Console code is concerned with very
minute details of the hardware, and even slight differences could have
unwanted side effects.

It's best to keep using MILO with XLT, as well as XL.

Sorry.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com