AC-0.9 Testing Results (was: Re: Alpha Core ISO Images)

geerten geerten at bart.nl
Tue Oct 19 18:33:41 UTC 2004

Michal,

At 23:13 18/10/2004, you wrote:
>RH7.2-Alpha is using ncr53c8xx, IIRC.  Most likely in case AC-0.9
>sym53c8xx_2 would be better then sym53c8xx; especially that it
>is supposed to work also with NCR810 and controllers of that sort.
>
>Switching this driver would require re-hacking initrd.  If you still
>have some bootable system on a hard disk you should be able to put
>your kernel and initrd images there, boot that and once anaconda
>started tell it that data to use reside on CD.

I can boot with "noprobe" and reach a spot where I can select my own
driver, including an option to insert a driver disk. If you could send me
the sym53c8xx_2 file I'll try to throw together a floppy and see what gives..

Unfortunately I don't have a working Linux at the moment, not even on my
x86 box, so re-hacking initrd would be very hard.

Thanks a lot.

Geerten.