AC-0.9 Testing Results (was: Re: Alpha Core ISO Images)

Michal Jaegermann michal at ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca
Wed Oct 20 20:11:20 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 10:58:58AM -0400, Jay Estabrook wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 03:13:05PM -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> >
> > RH7.2-Alpha is using ncr53c8xx, IIRC.
>
> Well, let's just say that "anaconda" had/has its own ideas about what
> driver is best to run with which card... ;-}

Yes, that is what I meant but I was not precise enough. :-)
That is anaconda.  Later I can configure my system to use whichever
driver fits.

> As it turns out, it already IS the sym53c8xx_2 driver that is
> built/loaded under AC-0.9; its module is just named "sym53c8xx"

Ah, ok.  So forget about my musings.  At least on those systems
where I had a chance to try it that driver worked for me without
any fuss (and it supports the widest range of controllers from
53c8xx family).

In some distributions it was possible to find both sym53c8xx
and sym53c8xx_2 as separate modules; and ncr53c8xx as well. :-)

  Michal