Interesting tip-o-the-hat to DEC from IBM.

Marco Benton marco at xssnet.com
Thu Oct 28 17:06:02 UTC 2004

Tom Linden wrote:

>Of course, it is a matter of a certain amount of Luck.
>

>Tom Linden wrote:
>

>>>BTW, if you move a couple dip switch bits you can run your 433 at 600!
>>>

>>That isn't always reliable.  For a while I ran a 500a at 566MHz but
>>after a month, it decided not to boot up.  After shutting it down and
>>backing it off, it still ran for many more years at the stock 500MHz clock.
>>
>>Jeff

i wish i had that luck...  the only time i tried it worked then
hung....  opened up the case and didnt like what i saw.  and i liked
that board!

i think i did overclock a noname board and it worked for a while...  but
only with a BIG household fan blowing on the CPU fan.

--

Marco Benton - BOFH, BSMFH
Network Consultant

BOFH excuse #99: The cause of the problem is: IRQ dropout