AC-0.9 Testing Results (was: Re: Alpha Core ISO Images)

geerten geerten at bart.nl
Fri Oct 29 08:27:04 UTC 2004

At 09:28 29/10/2004, Stephen Lewis wrote:
>add 'fdisk' as a button to the partitioning screen (as was in RH 7.2)
>because my
>     serial terminal is a VT100 and has neither an "Alt" nor "F2" key :-/

For me Alt-F2 wouldn't work, even after I switched to a VT320. I don't
think you can switch screens on a serial connection.

As long as disk druid doesn't handle this better we definitely still need
fdisk. It's quite infuriating to have DD tell you you've done something
wrong, when (A) actually he is the one who made the mistake, and (B) all
your attempts to rectify it are frustrated by that very same program's
"cleverness".

Groeten,
Geerten.