Largest IDE hard drive supported by internal connector

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Thu Sep 16 00:06:59 UTC 2004

With regards to your message at 05:50 PM 9/15/04, Ted Goodridge, Jr.. Where
you stated:
>Please CC me directly as I am offlist...
>
>         I have been tempted to put a laptop IDE hard drive in my
> multia...but I
>was concerned about 2 issues:
>
>         1) I remember a while back when there was a limit to the size of
> a drive
>a bios could see, and effectively use. Does such a limit exist on the
>onboard controller, and if so, what is it?
2GB I believe

>         2) What cable/connector would be required to make this work?

We still stock a few of the special Multia/UDB IDE cables for this application.
Part # FC-530

Please email me off list for details.

Thanks!

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice at harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3