Largest IDE hard drive supported by internal connector

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Fri Sep 17 05:55:58 UTC 2004

With regards to your message at 07:22 PM 9/15/04, Ted Goodridge, Jr.. Where
you stated:

>>2GB I believe
>  I'm seeing a lot of drives on ebay listed as 2.1Gig...could you narrow
>down that limit better?  (Advertised sizes don't always equal bios sizes)
>
>Ted

You can put in larger, but you will only be able to address 2GB, I believe..
Of course, once you have Linux up, you can get at the rest, at least up to
128GB.
The first partition you boot from has to be no larger than 2GB.

It's a BIOS limitation.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice at harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3