open3D license

Dialup Jon Norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Fri Sep 17 14:33:50 UTC 2004

Dear Luiz & list:

The Open 3D license keys into the Tru64 license manager utility and allows use
of 3D in some of the Powerstorm video cards.  I've got one that came with an
old DEC3000, but don't really use the 3D feature.  I've never heard of a
hobbyist license for Open3D, but for "a fee" HP will transfer an old license
to your name.  Unless you are doing commercial work and have a business to
protect, though, it doesn't make much sense to do that.

As far as the VX1 goes, I'm not certain about its 3D capabilities, butif you
are running it under Linux, that's where you will find your drivers.

BTW the VX1 is a great Alpha video card and will run under all the Alpha OSes
except NT and Windows 2000.

good luck

jn

--