Alpha Core Update, PWS Sound Hardware

Mike Barnes strepsil at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 08:11:55 UTC 2004

Sorry to have dropped out of sight briefly, just after announcing
something I know a few of you are waiting on. I came down with some
sort of virus (the old-fashioned kind) and wasn't doing much except
sleeping last week.

Anyway - ISO images have been handed to someone with bandwidth, and
should be available soon. I'll announce here as soon as you can grab
them and mirror them. More on that in a day or so.

In the meantime, can anyone fill me in on my chances of getting the
sound hardware going on my PWS 433 under the 2.6 kernel / ALSA
environment? I dropped an old PCI Sound Blaster card into my DS10,
which worked perfectly, but I'm guessing the built-in hardware on the
PWS is some sort of old non-PnP thing. Any pointers (even to just a
description of the hardware) gratefully received. :)