Alpha Core ISO Images

Jay Estabrook jay.estabrook at hp.com
Tue Sep 28 13:48:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:11:51PM +1000, Mike Barnes wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:59:28 -0400, Jay Estabrook <jay.estabrook at hp.com> wrote:
> > Indeed it does! CD#1 boots and happily starts into the install on my
> > DS10, a far cry from what happened yesterday... ;-}
> >
> > I'll let you know how things go on various machines later today.
>
> Glad to hear it. If you're installing on a DS10, you've got what is
> probably the single most tested platform for the distribution.
> Everything's been built and run on one of them since I started this.

That bodes well... :-)

I got to the point of starting the install, on the DS10 with a PCI
Radeon 7500 using the GUI, and everything looked very good (and very
familiar :-), but CD#4 image is at work and I'm at home, so I'll
continue from there...

The first batch of machines I'll try it on will prolly be:

	DS20
	LX164
	MIATA

as these are among the most common out there. Moving on, I'll try:

	XP1000
	PC164
	AS1200/AS4100

Anyone have suggestions for additional boxes, or order change?

Can you tell me a bit about the kernel: will it work on the
TITAN-based boxes (non-LEGACY_ADDRESS boxen), or is it built to
support MILO-based machines, like XL/XLT (ie LEGACY_ADDRESS boxen)?
Is the SRPM available for download somewhere?

That's enough for now; I'll report status as I can...

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com