Alpha Core 0.9

Ronald Reed rreed at ops.sgp.arm.gov
Tue Sep 28 20:44:03 UTC 2004

I have my LX164 booting the Alpha Core 0.9 and it does boot right up,
but I see one thing that bothers me, maybe someone can tell me what is
happening.

During the boot, Just after the "jumping to bootstrap" text appears, the
screen background goes from blue to red, then the following messages
appear:
audit(1096388163.537:0) initialized
Red Hat nash version 3.5.22 starting
CIA machine check: vector=0x670 PC=0xfffffc0000326274 Code=0x098
machine check type: processor detected hard error

The machine continues to boot normally. What does all that mean? (Please
note, a number may be off here or there, since I had to write this down
rather quickly as the computer booted)

--
Ron Reed
ron.reed at arm.gov