Waxing Philosophical

Dialup Jon Norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Wed Sep 29 17:00:24 UTC 2004

Dear Mike & lists

I've got a PC that runs Linux twice as fast as my Miata and somewhat faster
than my XP1000.  I light it up about once a week but I use the Miata every
day.  I don't evn bother updating the kernel or Xserver, just use whatever the
current distro puts down on the hard drive.

For me, it's like owning and driving an old Maserati, except it doesn't leak
oil all over the garage and I don't have to crawl under it, and it didn't cost
me $60K up front. I can soup up the kernel, compile my own software, try out
different compilers.  It runs ArcInfo like a champ under Tru64. If i need to
run Windows apps, I can do that too.  It's just  ...  more   ... fun.

jn

--
Allidaho LLC (http://www.allidaho.com)