ac1-qboot.iso testing (Was: Re: AC 0.9 boot problem)

Michal Jaegermann michal at ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 8 01:58:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:44:43PM -0400, Jay Estabrook wrote:

> Here are a few other results of using that "ac1-qboot.iso" image for
> testing bootability of various Alphas

Jay,
you can add UP1500 (Nautilus chipset) to that list.  It boots
and the whole setup looks basically sane.  I had problem trying
to mount floppies.  Does not matter what I was typing I was
getting invriably "Invalid argument" from mount.  OTOH vfat floppies
were accesible through, say, 'mdir a:'.  I guess that a richer
enviroment than "rescue" would be more helpful in tracking that down.

Unfortunately I do not have anymore on this machine any SCSI devices.
IDE disks do mount.

   Michal