AlphaPC 164LX & SRM (again)

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Fri Apr 8 08:08:25 UTC 2005

Jay Estabrook wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:00:10PM +0400, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:
>

>That's not good...
>
>Was this the machine originally with a TGA? Does it behave any better
>with that instead of the S3? I can't imagine why, but it might be
>worth a try...
>

>>I have Adaptec 2940, but as far as I know it is (was) not supported by SRM.
>>

>2940UW is supported by the latest SRM for the LX. In fact, I have mine
>running with a 39160 - yep, booting from Ultra160... :-)

I tried to play with TGA and Adaptec 2940UW. :( Same behavior.
After installing 2940 the machine became extremely slow. I tried to
install it into a different PCI slot - it ran at normal speed.
I didn't know that there might be difference which slot to put adaptec
in. Anyway it was not recognised by SRM.

Here some debug info I was able to collect during execution of "test
-lb" command (it failed on testing of floppy):
Machine Check Logout Frame @ 0x6068 Code = 0x98
Machine Check Code - 0x98 CPU Processor Hard Error

Alpha 21164 IPRs:
EXC_ADDR: 014EFC4
EXC_MASK: 0
ICSR: 4144020000
DC_PERR_STAT: 0
MM_STAT: 14240
SC_STAT: 0
EI_ADDR: FFFFFF000018204F
EI_STAT: FFFFFFF025FFFFFF
PAL_BASE: C000
EXC_SUM: 0
ISR: 0
IC_PERR_STAT: 0
VA: 11128B
SC_ADDR: FFFFFF000001336F
BC_TAG_ADDR: FFFFFF80000F3FFF
FILL_SYN: 0
LD_LOCK: FFFFFF00000FE0CF

Pyxis Error Registers
ERR: 0  STAT: 0 ERR_MASK: B9B
ECC_SYN: 0 MEAR: 1821C0 MESR: 58000000
PCI_ERR0: 02010002 PCI_ERR1: 3F5 PCI_ERR2: 3F5

Pyxis Memory Control Registers
MCR: 3A1400
BBAR0: 0
BCR0: E5
BTR0: 22
BBAR1: 400
BCR1: E5
BTR1: 22

I just need info how serious it is. Is it problem with CPU or motherboard?

Thank you,

--
---
Sergey Tikhonov