AW: IDE disk problem

Heid Oliver oliver.heid at siemens.com
Tue Apr 12 09:07:06 UTC 2005

After some mixed experiences I use a Highpoint Rocket133 with good results
on my XP1000 and UP2000+s. The chip (HPT302) is supported for Alphas. I had
some problems with the RAID version of that card (a HPT372A chip).

Yes, the IDE master drives show up as hde and hdg unless you use
"ide=reverse"
as kernel boot option and have compiled in "boot offboard chipsets first"
support.

Oliver