Another test iso image from AC1.0

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Thu Apr 14 21:12:25 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 12:01:11AM +0400, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:

> Here is another "quick boot" test iso image from AC1.0:
> ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/core/1.0a/test/ac1-qboot1.iso
>
> It contains latest updates to kernel done by Cristian and should be able
> to boot on all srm machines
> (LEGACY_ADDRESS is switched off and kernel has video code from Jay). I
> hope BIG Alphas could (should) boot it too.
>
> Please, post your test results.

Just as the first data point, it was successful on DS15, which requires
LEGACY_ADDRESS to be off, and it ran the Xorg server on the Radeon 9100
which appears on the second (peer) PCI bus. Both of those issues prevented
the first ac1-qboot from working on it. This should mean that it will
work on DS25 and ES45 as well... :-)

GREAT WORK!!!

I'm still flailing around with the TGA code, don't know when I'll get
to it... :-(

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com