Upgrade to 1.0a via yum

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Mon Apr 18 15:07:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 01:07:05PM -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> It is possible then you have break a few circular
> dependencies before doing the above.

Indeed this (circular deps) is what bit me; IIRC it was in the Xorg
stuff, caused by repackaging of some utils/fonts between 6.7 and 6.8.1.

By forcing the new one in, it was enough to break the circle, and all
else went easily via "yum". Now, it wasn't an "everything" install that
I was updating, but I believe it needed over 1000 RPMS to satisfy...

> '--force --nodeps' is indeed "extra blunt"

True enough, but when you've a nail to pound in, you're very glad to
have that hammer... ;-}

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com