raid 5 problem

Bert de Bruijn bob at ccl.kuleuven.be
Sat Apr 23 08:06:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Rijesh wrote:

> I have configured software raid 5 in my redhat
> advanced server, but when I restarted the server it
> has given one of the disk super block changed and not
> able to come up the raid.
>
> If i partion the hard disk separately and i able to
> mount and work. how do i add the same dis into my raid
> array and work in the raid
>
> thanks in advance

this is not a RHEL/RHAS forum ! This list is about running linux (red hat
variants) on Alpha processors.

are you sure you are using the correct /dev/md[0-9] device in /etc/fstab ?
have you run mkinitrd again so it includes the raid modules ?

--
/* Bert de Bruijn        E-mail at home: bert-spam at debruijn.be      */
/* * * * *  Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be  * * * * */