Tomcat????

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Fri Dec 9 08:01:14 UTC 2005

Jon_norstog AKA "Thursday" wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 18:20 +0300, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:
>

>>Oliver Falk wrote:

>>>Didn't know, that there is a java 1.4 or 1.5 from sun for alpha!?
>>>
>>>Ever tried to use gcc-java? I think this could/should work...
>>>

>>Yes, tomcat build by gcc-java (FC4 distribution) does work.  :) AC2 will
>>have it.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Sergey.
>>

>So Sergeiy, & list:
>
>Is there enough java functionality in ALpha to build Open Office?  I
>took a shot at it with the JDK 1.3 and did not get very far.

I can't say. I tried to build OO from FC3 for AC1, but got to 64 bits
problem before compiling any java sources.
It is said that OO2 is more ready for 64 bits and gcc-java friendly.
I'll certanly give it a try in current devel tree (and as update for AC1).

PS. Jon, many thanks for PWS. It made my work on AC a lot easier.

Regards,
Sergey.