Copy SCSI disk including, if any, the first cylinder

terry.bowling at verizon.com terry.bowling at verizon.com
Mon Dec 19 15:00:44 UTC 2005

With a failing disk, you might also want to consider using the dd
arguments
conv=sync,noerr
Read the man pages or google it for more details, but it basically is a
more graceful and efficient way of handling bad bits of data on the
failing source drive.;
_________________________
Terry Bowling
Verizon Systems Support
260.461.3772

"Bob Taylor" <brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx>
Sent by: axp-list-bounces at redhat.com
12/17/05 02:24 PM
Please respond to
brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx; Please respond to
"Linux on Alpha processors" <axp-list at redhat.com>

"axp-list" <axp-list at redhat.com>
cc

Subject
Copy SCSI disk including, if any, the first cylinder

I have a failing SCSI disk in my LX164. I need to copy it *totally* onto
a SCSI disk of the same size. I know how to copy all the files but I
don't know if there is any boot stuff located on the first cylinder
other than the BSD label and if so, how do I copy it. Will someone help
please? Thanks!

Bob
brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx