SRM console doesnt accept any input

Heid Oliver oliver.heid at siemens.com
Tue Feb 1 09:55:33 UTC 2005

Has anybody seen this and/or can give me a clue what to do?
Since yesterday the SRM console on my dual UP2000+ does not accept any
keyboard
input anymore, though it produces the usual text output on screen during
boot
(the kernel is 2.6.10-rc2-bk15). E.g., I cant stop autobooting with CTRL-C.
So I let the system fall back to SRM during shutdown, and indeed got the
blue
SRM screen with the usual output, but no response to any keyboard input.

I wanted to set auto_action from BOOT to HALT in the first place, so I
thought I change it in /proc/srm_environment/named_variables/. But it
turned out I can't edit the SRM variables there - any write attempt locks
up the system. Even the read access results in an error message
cat auto_action
BOOTcat: auto_action: Bad address

thanks
	Oliver