Linux Questions

Bert de Bruijn bob at ccl.kuleuven.be
Fri Feb 25 12:58:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Padiyath Sreekumaran wrote:

>    I have installed Fedora and Debian Linux on my machine.
>    Is there any command in Linux(runon in tru64) which I can
>    use to explicitly define the CPU number when I run a command
>    in a dual processor machine?

there may be a cpu affinity bitmask in /proc/<PID>/... somewhere, search
for "cpu affinity linux" on google.

>    Where I can get a running version of kstat.rpm?

I don't know kstat, but try dstat (google for download mirrors, it's
purely python, so it's not architecture dependent).

have fun,
Bert.

--
/* Bert de Bruijn        E-mail at home: bert at debruijn.be           */
/* * * and everything I had to know, I heard it on my radio  * * */