Ccc/Cxx with gcc >= 3.4 ?!

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Thu Jun 9 14:32:27 UTC 2005

Heid Oliver wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Has anybody managed to get ccc (ccc-6.5.6.002-1 to be specific) to work
>under gcc-3.4 or gcc-4.1?
>By some tweaking of the install script create-comp-config.sh (the newer
>gcc's do not like -V)
>and transfering gcc-2.96's float.h and limits.h into ccc's local include
>directory I got
>ccc installed & working with gcc up to version 3.3.6. Any newer gcc version
>breaks the install
>script with some linker problem. BTW: the same applies to cxx
>(cxx-6.5.9.11).
>
>Since ccc produces significantly better code than gcc most of the time: Can
>anybody help
>me here?

I switched off checking for TASO support in probe_linux.sh and ccc works
with gcc 4.0.0.
At least it was able to produce executable from simple C program.

Latest gcc produces very good code comparing to gcc 2.95, so advantage
of using ccc became smaller. I wish HP would make current versions of
ccc to install and run smooth on current AC.

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov
Solvo Ltd.