AC1 update

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 17 17:35:29 UTC 2005

For everyone playing with AC1.
My speciric problems with my DGC machine are being resolved.
First, I think my PS was flakey. 230watt, intermittent symptoms.
I could not get the box to let me do an AC1 install. Just crashed during
disk formats. Could not get any of the SCSI cards to work for me
with AC1, worked fine with 7.2. No clue as to why. Figured must be
hardware. Putting in new, 530W ps. this is gonna be a server so..

Took the controller that would not work, a new disk, and did AC1
install on a box known to work. I now know that the 53C875 controlelr
works fine under AC1. So, 53c895 and 875 both work. gonna try a
couple more cards. IP1040, and aha2940UW. will advise.

Thanks for a great job on AC1!!!!
bob

--
Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, live like it is your last day.