more AC1 install problems on SX164

Michael Kronsteiner alphamike at gmx.at
Thu Jun 23 13:37:20 UTC 2005

Hello, Michael again! (with a little more experience now)

You definitely need a /boot partition, i had the same problems on my sx164,
and with my /boot partition everything works fine.
My Partition scheme:
(2x Seagate 40GB Disks)
Sector 0-1 8Mb Free Space Partition a
Sector 1-20 /boot partition Partition b
Sector 20-4500 / partition  Part. d   (i need the space for /home)
Sector 4500- swap
2nd Disk is 1 partition /usr

Do not use a "c" partition, as this one is meant to be the whole disk...
with this setup everything should work "out of the box" after installing.

best regards
Michael

Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++