compiling + making source for 5.7 on alpha

Hoover, Tony hoover at sal.ksu.edu
Fri Jun 24 16:33:23 UTC 2005

You might want to try adding an entry to your /etc/hosts file with your
hostname pointing to 127.0.0.1.  That has helped me get around some "Can't
resolve IP" type errors on other packages.

Before you "make", did you "./configure"?  Did ./configure report any
errors?

Tony Hoover, Network Administrator
KSU - Salina, College of Technology and Aviation
(785) 826-2660

"Don't Blend in..."