Waaaay OT: OpenSolaris

Marco Benton marco at xssnet.com
Fri Jun 24 22:17:05 UTC 2005

to play devils' advocate...  why would Sun need to?

they are playing the M$ game of sorts; "flood all UNIX workstations with
Slowaris and software will follow...".  you dont see much commercial
software binaries for Linux/Alpha (never mind Tru64), although that
seems to be changing!

now only if i can get my DRM enabled mp3 player to work on linux i would
have no need for M$ at all.