Alpha Core 1.0a

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Thu Mar 3 12:16:26 UTC 2005

Hello,

I finally found what the problem was. :) Apparently, it is not vga code
(sorry xorg guys).
The problem was in my implementation of "28" type of rellocation code.
It was not just skip 2 gp loading instructions.
It was true for global functions, but local functions didn't have those.
So, I was looking for way to tell is the function
global or local (static). I've found it and rellocation work correctly.
I am rebuilding xorg with gcc 3.4 right now, will test it and
upload to ftp site very soon.

PS. gcc33 doesn't use "same gp" (type 28) relocation :) that is why it work.

--
---
Sergey Tikhonov
tsv at solvo.ru