AlphaCore 0.9 slow on a xp1000

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Thu Mar 10 00:04:19 UTC 2005

Hi!

I've finished installing AlphaCore 0.9 on a AlphaStation XP1000 to make
some tests and everything is slow. Very slow indeed.

This machine used to have a SuSE 8.1 install and it was as snappy as one
can expect from this hardware, but AlphaCore just drags its feet everywhere.

Ok, I haven't upgraded to 1.0a yet (still downloading), but I wanted to
know if other people with this same hardware experienced the same thing.

This box, together with an ES40 are used to crunch numbers, so every bit
of performance is needed. If this is expected behaviour, I'll just
revert back to the old install.

Any thoughts?

Carlos Rodrigues