Alphacore 0.9 Installation - Partitioning

Sergey Tikhonov tsv at solvo.ru
Wed Mar 16 06:35:42 UTC 2005

Andy Wagg wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to install Alphacore 0.9 on an XP900 and get as far as disk
> partitioning during the installation. I chose to let it do automatic
> partitioning, but it complains there is not enough disk space before
> /boot.
>
> What am I missing here?

I've not tried to install AC 0.9 by myself, but assume that
autopartitioning  might not work
correctly. I would go for manual partitioning with fdisk  keeping in
mind that there should
be room left at the begining of hard drive for aboot loader (if SRM is
used). Start creating
partitions from 2nd cylinder.
128Mb for "boot" partition should be enought.

Regards,
Sergey.