help installing fedora

James Kurtenbach jwkurtenbach at sysmatrix.net
Sun May 1 14:13:57 UTC 2005

Greeting to all you alpha-linux users.

This is my first email to the group.

The problem:  I can't get fedora2 (0.9 core) to to install. (Exception
in PAL mode/code version 1.23)
halt code 7
machine check while in pal mode
PC =  14100

The config:  Alpha 1200,  1 cpu, 533mhz, 512meg ram, "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"
Video, 4 disks on the 810 controller.

I have installed VMS and Tru64 successfully.   I have tried setting
boot_flags to "A" and none as well as os_type.

I do get the Aboot> prompt, but when I try to run one of the 4
predefined scripts, I get the pal crash.

Should I set the console mode to serial and hook a terminal to the
serial port?  I'm using graphics now.
Is there a boot command better than ">>>boot dka500"

Thanks in advance.

Jim

--
James Kurtenbach