AlphaCore 1.0 final release !

Balint Cristian rezso at rdsor.ro
Tue May 10 21:36:04 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lamar Owen" <lowen at pari.edu>
To: "Linux on Alpha processors" <axp-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 12:07 AM
Subject: Re: AlphaCore 1.0 final release !

> On Sunday 08 May 2005 15:48, Balint Cristian wrote:
>> Proud to announce that me and Sergey, after a long hobby'sh development,
>> finaly released Alpha Core 1.0 aka "Svetlana" !
>
> Svetlana?

    Ask Sergey, he lives near Svetlana fabric ! learn in "Svetlana"  high
school, and practice/visit
the fabic at the and of the school .... Not sure if he even live on the
street called "Svetlana" :)

    something like this, maybe a little bit inexact details .... I just
asked long time ago by accident Sergey about "Svetlana" word, he immediatly
_put_ me on the track :) and so this name born out and i even matched it for
the release name !

an

> Alpha's aren't as old as vacuum tubes yet!
>
> :-)
>
> Last Svetlanas I purchased were a matched pair of 4CX15,000A's for a 10KW
> AM
> broadcast transmitter, for ~$2,000 each.  Excellent tubes; I should get
> ten
> years or more life out of them.

shiit ... :) with that you are able to catch/trap even UFO's ..... [joking
:)))]