which way to orient an IDE cable on an LX164

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Wed May 11 02:47:26 UTC 2005

On the LX, Pin 1 is on the side nearest to the PCI slots.  On the board next to the
connector there's a tiny "1" to indicate where PIN 1 is.  Connect the IDE cable
so that the stripe on the cable is on the same side as the "1".

Alan

P.S. The CMD 646 IDE chip that is on the board is a horribly slow chip.