AlphaCore 1.0 final release !

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch at adelphia.net
Wed May 11 12:11:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try to boot in rescue mode and check if you are able to examine/mount it
> manually.

Hi Sergey,

As I expected, I'm able to mount and examine the disk manually.  Even
after removing the Tru64 disk from the bus (making the Linux disk into dka
/ sda) the installer does not recognize it.

Is AlphaCore expecting a "PC" style partition mapping?  I've always used
the BSD disklabels on the Alpha.

The only thing of interest I'm seeing on the console are a bunch of
complaints about Anaconda using obsolete SG commands.  If you are using
generic SCSI calls to probe for the partition data, is it possible that is
causing the problem?

Steve