AlphaCore 1.0 final release !

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch at adelphia.net
Wed May 11 15:55:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Balint Cristian wrote:

> > I understand, but since it is on the disk (and a running Linux kernel does
> > not mind it) could this be what is confusing the installer?
>
> 	Please try delete C label, [not a crime you not loss anithying]
> 	than see anaconta how hadle !
>
> I am courios whats happen.

Deleting the C slice has fixed it.  The installer is now happy with the
drive and sees all the existing partitions.  While this is a reasonable
workaround in my case, it may be a problem for those who want to share a
drive between Tru64 and Linux.  I'm not sure whether Tru64 will be upset
by the lack of a C slice.

It might be best to figure out why Anaconda is bothered by it.  In the
meantime, maybe a quick mention in the README file?

Thanks for the help, and thanks for your nice work on AlphaCore!

Steve