AS2100 and AlphaCore?

Timo Heinonen k0001821 at evtek.fi
Fri May 13 08:26:21 UTC 2005

Hi

Is X-server working on AS2100 ?

I tried installing AlphaCore 0.9 on my Alphaserver 2100 5/300 with elsa gloria
synergy-8 (8 MB permedia2). GUI install did not work. After installer starts I
get the cursor and grey background then the screen goes to mess.

After installing in text mode and running startx system freezes with 21164
timeout.

Has anyone succesfully got X-window system running with this machine on any
linux
or freebsd, and if has then with what graphics gard. I have tried Debian, redhat
7.2, freeBSD and blank screen is all I have managed to get from running startx.

- Thanks, (and sorry about my english I am from Finland.)