AC 1.0 on AS4100

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Mon May 16 17:40:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 04:30:33PM +0400, Sergey Tikhonov wrote:

> On my machine it doesn't say "Machine needs sparse mapping" and doesn't
> try to do mapVidMemSparse/unmapVidMemSparse calls. May be this is the
> place...

Doubtful; there was a report of 4100 running a Permedia-2 card, and
all 4100s need SPARSE mapping.

It's much more likely to be something to do with the Trio64 driver;
that's always been a bit flakey on Alphas...

> I hope someone with deep knowledge of Xserver on alpha could have some
> ideas or it is easier/cheaper to
> get another card. :)

Getting a new card is my recommendation, also.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com